Over the past fourteen years over 4,000 people representing almost 250 institutions from the Midwest, across the country, and around the world have attended this conference. Recognizing that deployment issues, support concerns, teaching strategies, learning styles, best practices, etc. are common among the varied CMS/LMS platforms, this conference invites all faculty, system administrators, Web developers, instructional designers, librarians, students, and user support staff from institutions that are deploying and/or currently using any Web-based tools, applications, or programs, in their teaching and learning.
- Share ideas and learn more about what other institutions are doing
- Discuss best practices and shared learning issues
- Choose from over sixty different sessions in multiple tracks
- Participate in pre-conference workshops and hands-on training sessions (optional)
- Participate in the Birds-of-a Feather round table discussions
- Meet with sponsoring vendors and development partners onsite
- Take some time to unwind and socialize at the conference reception
For questions, comments, or additional information about the conference, please contact:
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
SLATE is announcing an open call for papers for the 14th Annual SLATE Conference. The SLATE Conference is one of the premier educational technology conferences in the Midwest, known for offering a wide variety of topics ranging from best practices and pedagogy, to innovative teaching resources and cutting edge technologies. Speakers are encouraged to submit proposals whose general focus is the use of technology in teaching and learning regardless of the platform or tools being used. Proposals that extend beyond this framework will always be considered. Submission deadline: June 30, 2016
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Registration is now open. Click on the link below, select your payment option (credit card or purchase order) and complete and submit the registration form.
Recognizing that there is budget crisis for schools across the nation, and in particular the budget impasse in Illinois - which as of this posting is now in its 10th month - we have reduced the standard registration for this year, in hopes of making it more affordable - even if you are paying this out-of-pocket. It is still important for you to continue to develop your skills, stay on top of teaching and technology trends, and most importantly, continue to network with others that may be in the same situation as you are.
This year we are able to offer, six intensive, information-packed workshops, where you'll tackle some very intriguing topics and get a comprehensive overview of some of the key issues you'll need to be thinking about for you and your institution.
Pre-conference workshops will be offered on the morning of Wednesday, October 19, 2016. Exact times, room locations, and additional information will be available shortly. Advanced registration and additional fees are required for pre-conference workshops and you must pre-register for the session by October 15, 2016. Seating is limited so register early. All pre-conference workshops have an additional registration fee of $50 each.
SPONSOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Conference sponsorship packages combine exposure before the event and maximum impact during the conference. Sponsors will have the opportunity to connect with participants as they browse the conference floor and visit your exhibit area. The venue allows for a more intimate and individual opportunity to get to know the attendees and understand what they are looking for in a friendly and more engaging way.
FIVE REASON TO ATTEND THE 2016 SLATE CONFERENCE
- Educational Opportunities: No matter how experienced you are, everyone can learn. Often being isolating, and without exposure to a variety of points of view, we can miss new ideas and trends that can impact future results.
- Networking with Peers: Conferences provide a great opportunity to network. Collaboration is the best way to approach networking. Most people can help each other uncover ideas and spark inspiration once they get to know each other.
- Encounter New Vendors and Suppliers: Too often people shy away from the trade show exhibit hall at conferences. They fear that they will have to talk to salespeople, but these industry suppliers are some of the best people for you to get to know if you want to learn more about the current business climate. Discovering innovative products and services is necessary to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced world. Invest time with the sponsors at the event and turn them into your friends and allies.
- Position Yourself as an Expert: When you are active in your user community, you can develop a reputation as an expert to your peers. Those who are engaged over the long term are often asked to speak at the events and to write articles via social media. Like it or not, others like to associate with the experts in any industry.
- Have Fun: All work and no play can get old fast. Conferences can add a layer of enjoyment to managing your career growth by mixing a social aspect into your learning and industry branding efforts.
- Name badge is required and must be displayed at all times.
- No smoking is permitted in the conference center - only outside designated areas.
- All devices must be silenced and screens darkened during presentations.
- No photography or recording is allowed during presentation without the consent of the presenter.